Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Creed

Well, Tan and I are actually in MI today and tomorrow doing a little house shopping. What that means for this little blog is that I don't have the time and space for a good chunky post. We do relish your prayers as we seek the home, neighbors, and school from which God would have us live out our lives as missionaries for His sake.

  I would however like to leave you with video to watch by my all time favorite, the late great Rich Mullins.

His song "Creed" has a lot to say about discipleship. Pay special attention to the oft repeated refrain - "I believe what I believe, it's what makes me what I  am, I did not make it, no it is making me. It is the very truth of God not the invention of any man."

 

You see, what we believe - the very truth of God in faith, is making us into the person that God created us to become. The knowledge of the truth of God - knowing what we believe is foundational to our growth in Christ. May we all grow in the substance and knowledge of our faith, and enjoy watching what God makes of us.

Be God's, Pastor Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment